Privacy Information Statement
Held in Epson’s Service records
Edition 1.0 17/05/2018
This statement gives information about your personal data held in Epson’s Service records and associated systems:
Epson holds (and will hold in the future)
- Information that you choose to provide to Epson, through its customer interaction centre or a service provider, websites or otherwise
- Information recorded by Epson or its contractors about interactions with you.
You do not have to give any personal information to Epson but the level of service Epson and its subsidiary companies can provide to you will be affected by how much information you provide. A record about you is only created when a request or enquiry or comment about Epson products is made by you or on your behalf.
“Epson” (the ‘controller’ of the information) is:
Epson Europe B.V.( Data Protection Administration)
Azie Building, Atlas Arena,
1101BA Amsterdam Zuid,
The Purpose for Processing Personal Data About You
(‘Processing’ means anything Epson does with the information about you including gathering it, holding it, using it and disclosing it.)
The purpose for which Epson will process your personal data is to provide services to you.
- Identifying you when you contact us
- Recording what has been requested and provided
- Delivering the services
- Storing your preferences so that you can save time when contacting us or searching our website
- Monitoring and recording phone and written communications with you for quality assurance and compliance purposes and for dealing with any queries or complaints
- Understanding which parts of Epson’s website, and which products and services, most interest you
- Understanding the use made of Epson’s website and services and the performance of its products
The legal basis for this is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of Epson or companies within the Epson group in providing its services.
If you choose to give information beyond that which Epson requires you to provide, the basis for processing that information is your consent as demonstrated by your voluntarily providing it. You have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. You can do this by writing to Epson at the address shown above, or at [https://www.epson.eu].
As part of its processing, Epson will perform some automated profiling and decision-making based on the information it holds about you in order to make information presented to you more relevant to your interests.
If, in the future, Epson wishes to process your data for some other purpose it will first provide you with information about that other purpose.
Where you have given your consent to this, Epson will also use your personal data for the purpose of electronic, and other, marketing communications to you (normally by e-mail) which may include :
- Conducting surveys and asking your opinion on our products and services
- Notifying you of products or offers that may be of interest to you
- Notifying you of promotions such as free gifts, contests and prize draws
- Marketing analysis and customer profiling
The legal basis for this is your specific consent. You may withdraw your consent to this additional purpose (independently of your right to object to Epson holding data for the general purposes described above) at any time writing to Epson at the address shown above, or at [https://www.epson.eu] or by calling our service helpline, the numbers for which can be seen at [https://www.epson.eu]
Epson will hold your personal data for a period of 5 years after the last contact with you. After that time some information may be held but only in an anonymised form or as part of archived records.
Epson uses third parties to perform some processing activities on its behalf. Some or all of your personal data may be disclosed to them, but they are only permitted to use the disclosed data for the purposes for which Epson holds your data and in accordance with Epson’s directions. In addition to third party processors, Epson may disclose some or all of your personal data to:
- Banks or others involved in handling payments being made by you
- Organisations you want to provide out-of-warranty services to you
- Resellers who you want to assist you in obtaining or seeing products
As a “data subject” you have statutory rights to request from Epson access to and rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing concerning yourself or to object to processing as well as the right to data portability and the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
Epson’s European Data Protection Officer may be contacted by writing to “The EDPO, Epson Europe B.V. Azie Building , Atlas Arena, Hoogoorddreef 5, 1101BA Amsterdam Zuid, The Netherlands or, www.epson.co.uk/contact-us-about-your-data
If you, or your product, are located outside the EU Epson will transfer some of your personal data, outside the EU, to Epson group staff in the region concerned and to contractors in that region used by Epson to provide services. This will be subject to the protections required by law.
This statement is only about information in Epson’s Services records. If Epson processes information about you in other records you will be notified separately about this.
Given in compliance with Article 13 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation